Claremore Daily Progress

Archive

Home Tour

The Loffland Mansion on 5th Street was built by Jess Barcus (son of Belvidere architect Laban Barcus) for Mrs. Jess Loffland. Her husband Tom was the owner of the most prominent Loffland Brothers Drilling Company in Tulsa at the time of the “oil boom.” After his death, Mrs. Loffland moved back to her hometown of Claremore. From 1948-1976 she built four custom homes along 5th Street, with the mansion being the last, completed in 1977. Current owners of 21 years are Dr. and Mrs. Battle who have redecorated the indoors and added a courtyard in back.