- Breaking News
County says yes to tax renewal
The Rogers County One-Cent sales tax has been renewed after voters took to the polls Tuesday in small numbers to support the measure.
Lady Cards win 4A soccer title
The Verdigris Lady Cardinals defeated Ft. Gibson 3-0 for the 4A soccer title Saturday.
FINAL: Zebras fall to Carl Albert 4-2 in 5A state baseball title game
Claremore lost to Carl Albert 4-2 in 5A baseball title game.
Verdigris wins 3A baseball championship
The Verdigris Cardinals captured the 3A baseball championship with a 7-1 an over Vian.
UPDATE: Burglary suspect in custody
Rogers County deputies have one burglary suspect in custody after they fled on foot in the Pine Valley area near Catoosa. One suspect remains at large.
UPDATE: Home made explosive devices found in Claremore home
Rogers County deputies and the Tulsa bomb squad are on the scene where several explosive devices have been found.
REGIONAL BASEBALL SCHEDULES
Three regional baseball tournaments will kick off today and Saturday in Rogers County.
The No. 1-ranked Claremore Zebras will open the Class 5A regional at 3 p.m. at Legendary Legion Field. Claremore will face the loser of Game 1 between Skiatook and McAlester, who gets the regional underway at 1 p.m. Claremore will also play the winner of Game 1 at 5 p.m.
The if necessary games will be played on Saturday at noon at Legendary Legion Field.
* The Catoosa Regional in Class 4A will continue today at 4 p.m. with an elimination game between Claremore Sequoyah and Jay. The winner of the Claremore Sequoyah/Jay game will face Catoosa at 6:30 p.m.
* The Oologah Mustangs will also open their 4A Regional at Metro Christian today. Oologah will square off with Dewey at 1:30 p.m. The first game of the regional will have Metro Christian taking on Cleveland at 11 a.m. The winner of the Metro Christian/Cleveland game will play the winner of the Oologah/Dewey game at 4 p.m.; and the losers of the first two games will battle in the night cap at 6:30 p.m.
* The Class 3A No. 1-ranked Verdigris Cardinals will host regional action today at 2 p.m. at the Verdigris Baseball Complex. Verdigris faces Adair in the opener at 2 p.m., followed by Pawhuska and Perkins-Tryon at 4 p.m. The winners of both games will then play at 6:30 p.m. and the losers will play after that at 8 p.m.
Winners of each regional tournament will advance to the State Tournament held May 9-11 in the Oklahoma City/Edmond area.
4A GIRLS SOCCER PLAYOFFS: Verdigris, Sequoyah battle tonight in Elite Eight
The three-time defending Class 4A state champion Verdigris Lady Cardinals will face arch-rival Claremore Sequoyah at 6 p.m. tonight in the state quarterfinals at Claremore Sequoyah High School Stadium.
Verdigris, led by junior forward Caitlyn Hanslovan, advanced to the Elite Eight round following a 4-0 win over Stilwell Tuesday in the first round of the state playoffs.
Claremore Sequoyah, led by junior forward Tana Dake, picked up a decisive first-round victory, beating Mannford, 4-0.
The winner of this Rogers County showdown will advance to the Class 4A Final Four on May 7.
REGIONAL BASEBALL: Claremore, Verdigris postponed til Friday
The Class 5A Regional Tournament at Claremore and the Class 3A Regional Tournament at Verdigris has been postponed til Friday.
Claremore will start their tournament at 1 p.m. with Skiatook and McAlester battling in Game 1. The loser of that game will face Claremore at 3 p.m., and the winner from Game 1 will play Claremore at 5 p.m.
Verdigris, as of right now, will face Adair at 11 a.m. at Verdigris Baseball Complex, followed by Pawhuska and Perkins-Tryon at 1 p.m. The two winners will play again at 3 p.m. and the losers will play at 5 p.m.
The if necessary games will be played on Saturday at both sites.
Rogers County Jail inmate found dead in cell
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation officials were called to Claremore on Monday, following the reported death of a Rogers County Jail inmate.
- More Breaking News Headlines
- County says yes to tax renewal