OKLAHOMA CITY —
- Forests cover 24 percent of Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma has four mountain ranges: Ouachita, Arbuckle, Wichita and Ozark.
- Oklahoma has more man-made lakes (200) than any other state, more than 1 million surface-acres of water and 2,000 more miles of shoreline than the Atlantic and Gulf coasts combined.
- The world’s largest single deposit of pure alabaster is found in the Alabaster Caverns near Freedom, Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma is home to four distinct topographical regions.
Whether you are native to Oklahoma, recently relocated, or just passing through, stop, smell the roses and check out Oklahoma’s welcome mat. You’ll be glad you did.
As always, my office is open and ready to assist you in any way we can. I am excited to hear your ideas. Feel free to visit our website at www.ok.gov/ltgovernor, find us on Facebook and Twitter (@LtGovToddLamb) or call our office at (405) 521.2161.