1TEM 17: PAYMENT REQUISITION – CONSTRUCTION FUND – RCB BANK – TRUSTEE:
1. Flintco, LLC application #20- $485,707.94
2. BKL, Incorporated invoice # 32 - $ 19,740.00 - Chairman Thacker made a motion to approve items 1 and 2 and Commissioner Helm seconded the motion. Roll call: Thacker-aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm-aye. Motion carried.
ITEM 18: AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Update by BKL, Inc., and Flintco regarding Courthouse and E911 Center Projects – B.J. Fay, Flintco, announced they have started they have started the punch list, been working on owner training, and working on the grand staircase. On 911 Center, will be certifying the building pad tomorrow and proceed with the foundation. Kim Reeve, BKL, Inc., stated they are doing the punch list and with the 911 center, they are working on the submittals. Commissioner Helm asked Mr. Reeve about moving the EOC to the Sheriff’s office. He stated they have reviewed the plan with the sheriff and Commissioner DeLozier and they are on track.
2. Change order #3 at $0.00 cost to add west side concrete steps and ADA ramps at the new Rogers County Courthouse – Commissioner DeLozier asked about the cost. B.J. Fay answered part of it comes out of the Contractor’s Contingency and part out of Owner’s Contingency. Chairman Thacker made a motion to approve and Commissioner DeLozier seconded the motion. Roll call: Thacker-aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm- aye. Motion carried.
3. Resolution authorizing the calling and holding of an election to approve the renewal of a one cent ($0.01) county sales tax to extend the current once cent county sales tax for roads and bridges and to be made permanent to be effective on and after October 1, 2013 (Commissioners and ADA Iski) – Mr. Iski explained this was requested by Commissioner Helm. There were various comments and input from the audience including one from Chad Choate. Mr. Choate mentioned that he lived in District 3 and that Commissioner Thacker was doing an excellent job. Chairman Helm made a motion to make it a 5 year tax, not permanent, for the one-cent election and set the election date for May 14, 2013 with Chairman Thacker seconding the motion. Roll call: Thacker-aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm-aye. Motion carried.