Rogers County Tax Assessor Scott Marsh will be hosting a series of forums in various municipalities to help the public understand the role of the assessor’s office and answer questions fielded by citizens. Marsh will give an overview of statutes the assessor’s office must follow, the history of the ad valorem (taxation according to value), visual inspection, valuation process and methods, property owner tax rights, exemption qualifications and limitations, and how levies affect property taxes.
“This will be a great opportunity for taxpayers to ask questions related to their property,” Marsh said.
All of the forums in the various listed municipalities will begin at 6 p.m. The dates and locations are:
• Feb. 27 in Chelsea at the County Warehouse located at 1605 S. Industrial Drive
• March 6 at the Oologah Town Hall located on 315 E. Alta
• March 13 at Claremore’s Vessel Church located at 1301 W. Country Club Road
• March 20 at Owasso’s Community Center on 9602 N. 177th E. Ave.
• March 23 at the Catoosa Community Center on 105 E. Oak Street
• March 27 at the First Baptist Church located on 500 E. Commercial Street in Inola
• March 30 at the United Methodist Church located at 8936 E. 530 Road in Verdigris.
For additional information please contact the assessor’s office at (918) 923-4795 or visit www.rogerscounty.org and select “Assessor” from the menu.