University of Oklahoma President David Boren announced today that the rules governing what the fans could bring into the stadium last year, which allowed purses of reasonable size and seat cushions, will continue to be allowed, subject to reasonable inspection at the gates. The changes in the rules recently announced will not be in effect for Saturday's game, while they undergo further review. The University does not want to unduly inconvenience fans.
As was the policy in 2012, seat cushions and chair backs (without arm rests or no wider than 16” will be permitted for Saturday’s game vs. ULM. The no bag policy (except as indicated below) remains in effect as this is not a change.
Gaylord Family – Oklahoma Memorial Stadium continues to utilize “best practices” that have been implemented at many major collegiate, professional and entertainment venues nationwide. Providing a safe environment for our guests remains an ongoing priority at the University of Oklahoma, along with increasing the comfort and efficiency of all individuals entering the facility.
Allowable Personal Items – Revised
• Women’s purses (smaller than 10”x10”)
• Seat cushions and chair backs
• EMPTY, clear personal water bottle (for drinking water)
• Approved medical devices
• Approved family care items (diapers, formula, etc. in bag 10”x10” or smaller)
Non-Allowable Items – Revised
• Any and all types of bags and backpacks (conventional or string-type cinch bags)
• Chair backs with armrests and/or wider than 16”
• Merchandise bags
Fans not bringing a women’s purse or another allowable item into the stadium are strongly encouraged to utilize Express Lanes. Fans that purchase merchandise outside the stadium or have items not adhering to these standard should plan to return it to their vehicles before entering the stadium.
Advance planning will help our team serve you better on game day and alleviate potential frustration at stadium gates. All carried items and entrants are subject to search. Prohibited items must be returned to the owner’s car or discarded. Any unlawful items are subject to confiscation, and the person in possession of such items is subject to arrest. Items left at gate will be discarded.
For a complete list of restricted items, please refer to the list below.
List of Restricted Items
· Alcoholic beverages
· Any and all types of bags (merchandise bags, backpacks, fanny packs & hard binocular cases)
· Baby seats
· Baby strollers
· Beach balls
· Cameras (professional equipment or cameras with long telephoto lenses)
· Coolers or containers
· Folding chairs or stools
· Food and beverages
· Ice chests
· Laser pointers
· Noisemakers of any type (i.e. air horn, plastic horn, whistle, etc.)
· Pets (with the exception of animals used by disabled guests)
· Personal heaters
· Stadium seats (with armrests and/or over 16” wide)
· Women’s purses larger than 10”x 10”