The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
- Claremore Walmart temporarily closed
- SH-20 crews hit gas line
- 5 THINGS TO KNOW: What is the Oklahoma Real ID, how to get one
- Four newcomers added to CN Council
- Claremore swimmers dominate summer events
- First United Methodist opens cooling station
- Road work impacts businesses
- New Oklahoma virus cases top 1,000 for 3rd consecutive day
- Cole’s McGirt Amendment heads to House Floor
- Congress taking steps to lift marijuana restrictions
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.