The filing period for four county seats is underway. The first day of filing saw five candidates throw their name in the ring.
The statewide candidate filing period begins at 8 a.m. Wednesday, April 8, said Julie Dermody, Secretary of the Rogers County Election Board.
Filing will be from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The deadline for filing as a candidate is 5 p.m. Friday, April 10, no exceptions.
Candidates for state offices file with the Secretary of the State Election Board in Oklahoma City. Candidates for county offices file with the Secretary of the County Election Board.
Dermody said that the following county offices will be filled this year: County Clerk, Court Clerk, Sheriff and District 2 County Commissioner.
More details will be added as the filing period continues.
- Oklahomans needing driver's license could have two-month wait
- ALDI expects to open this summer
- Vaccine available by appointment
- Family adds first baby of '21
- Upcoming wedding event in Claremore
- CPS responds to Stitts changes
- BASKETBALL: Catoosa Port City Classic brackets set
- James Lankford apologizes to Tulsa Black community for questioning election results
- Easley awarded NextGen under 30
- A.F.&A.M. 53 – Masonic Temple, Turned Pool Hall, Turned Tack Shop