As featured on
An effort to collect and record local police history has been underway for years now. Recently, the effort got some help from a former police chief.
Two weeks ago current Claremore Police Chief Stan Brown sat down and talked to former chief Dewey “Buck” Johnson to see what Johnson could contribute.
Claremore Police Sergeant Jamie Starling had already been gathering police department history for nearly four years, primarily during her time off.
This Week's Circulars
Avis "Darlene" Searan, age 75, formerly of California, passed away at Restwell Home Plus in Oskaloosa, KS, on Tuesday, November 16, 2021. She was born the daughter of Leo Abraham and Avis Amelia (Gabbert) Searan in Claremore, OK, on June 25, 1946. Darlene loved watching baseball, especially,…
- FOOTBALL: Carney, Gilkey run wild against Bishop McGuinness
- The Role of the Anti-Christ in Week 70
- Firehouse Subs comes to Catoosa: Oklahoma veterans will open store Dec. 20
- Phase 1 starts wrapping up: Construction on project enters Phase 2
- FOOTBALL: Verdigris tops Plainview, setting up rematch with Holland Hall
- Church hosts Thanksgiving Dinner: First United Methodist Church will have a home-cooked dinner tomorrow
- Claremore’s Drive-thru Parade on RSU’s campus returns on Dec. 4
- Claremore Lake Park will be lit with Christmas lights for the Inaugural Claremore Lake Light Display
- FOOTBALL: Area teams learn sites, times for semifinal matchups
- Filing begins for city of Owasso, Collinsville