As featured on
An effort to collect and record local police history has been underway for years now. Recently, the effort got some help from a former police chief.
Two weeks ago current Claremore Police Chief Stan Brown sat down and talked to former chief Dewey “Buck” Johnson to see what Johnson could contribute.
Claremore Police Sergeant Jamie Starling had already been gathering police department history for nearly four years, primarily during her time off.
This Week's Circulars
Jessie Jay Phelps born February 15, 1929. He is survived by 3 children, daughter Karen Dennis and husband Ron, daughter Sherye Griffin, and son Jay Phelps and wife Pam. Jessie is survived by 2 brothers and 1 sister, 7 grandchildren, 19 great grandchildren, 3 great great grandchildren and man…
- UPDATED: From fully-accredited to probation: State reprimands Oologah-Talala school district
- Chelsea man charged with 19 counts child sex crimes
- BREAKING: Claremore City Manager submits resignation
- Food distribution schedule, location changes
- Two vehicles, two pedestrians involved in Claremore wreck
- Area offensive linemen nominated for VYPE Fan's Choice poll
- ELECTION RESULTS: Edwards retains Rogers County Court Clerk position
- Video: Claremore Public Schools to reopen August 20, with multiple enrollment options
- State, national leaders share thoughts on passing of Tulsa Police Sgt. Craig Johnson
- Justus-Tiawah awarded $100,000 COVID assistance grant