The Will Rogers Library is returning to “No Contact Checkout” (curbside-only) service on Monday, Nov. 30.
Our goal is to keep our patrons and staff as safe as possible during this pandemic. After monitoring the rise in cases in Rogers County, coupled with an anticipated increase over the holiday season, we feel it’s best to return to curbside-only pickup service at this time. So many of our patrons, as well as some of our staff, are in highly vulnerable categories. We believe acting out of an abundance of caution at this time will help us to continue offering our services, albeit in a limited fashion, while assisting efforts to reduce the spread of the virus in our community.
While the library will remain closed to public access, “No-Contact Checkout” will operate as follows:
· Patrons may place holds through the library catalog, by email at WRLibrary@claremorecity.com, or by calling the library at 918-341-1564 to request items for checkout.
· Patrons will be limited to 10 items per card. Only books, audiobooks and DVDs will currently be available.
· Once your request is received, Library staff will bag items and contact you to schedule a time for pickup. Only pre-scheduled pickups will be available. Pick-up times will be M-F 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
· Please allow up to 48 hours for your request to be filled. We will do our best to fill your request as quickly as possible; speed will depend on demand.
· When your pickup time is scheduled, you will be given a 15-minute window. If you do not make your scheduled window time, you will need to reschedule.
· When you arrive at the library, please call us from your car. (If you do not have a cell phone, just pull up in front of the doors during your 15 minute time slot, we can watch for you!) Your bagged items will be placed on a table in our lobby and you will be asked to come to the door.
· Have your photo ID or Library Card ready to show through the glass of the inner door, which will be closed initially. Once we verify your identity, we will open the inner door and you may take your bag. If you would like someone else to pick up your items, please give us their name and let them know they will need to show an ID as well.
· You will be required to wear a mask during your pickup, out of awareness for our vulnerable patrons and staff.
Please understand this schedule allows us to minimize contact and sanitize the table in between patrons.
Walk-up and inside services cannot be accommodated at this time. Only item lending by appointment will be available. Copying, fax and printing services will not be available. Patrons can access the Library’s WiFi 24/7 from the parking lot. Please remain in your car while using the WiFi service.
Be sure to watch for Children’s Online Storytime and Parent Talks! Librarian Tena Cassity has some great programs happening each month! Tune in on the library’s Facebook page or follow the link from the library’s web page at www.willrogerslibrary.org to see these videos:
· The first Wednesday of each month, join Tena for a new Online Storytime video! Until we can meet in person again, Tena is exploring some fun locations and has so many stories to tell!
· The third Wednesday of each month features Parent Talks with Tena! Each Parent Talk video explores reading and engaging babies and toddlers, designed for the parents of Little Learners.
Library 101! You’ll want to check out the new series of Library 101 help videos! They can show you how to browse the online catalog, place holds and renew items, as well as other tips and tricks that make using the library’s website and catalog easier. This series of short videos average about 5 minutes or less. A new Library 101 video will be posted each month on Facebook, and links can also be found on the Library’s website.
Please note current hours are 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Thursday, and 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. If you have questions, please give the library a call at 918-341-1564.
Sherry Beach is Director of the Will Rogers Library.