TOTAL NEEDED: $7400
TO DATE: $2700
Another cut-off notice from the electric company is becoming a common occurrence for a young Rogers County mother with three children.
Arriving home at the end of the day to no lights, no air conditioning, no TV, and no way to cook a hot meal is leaving the whole family frustrated and on edge.
“She wonders what she should tell her kids,” said Gloria Conaway, Rogers County Department of Human Services school-based social worker. “If only Mom could get some relief from this crazy time in her life.”
Camp Heart O’the Hills might be at least part of her answer — a week where she could regroup and the kids could get away from the stress of their current situation.
More than $5,000 is still needed for Share the Spirit’s Send a Kid to Camp fund in order to give 40 Rogers County boys and girls the opportunity to attend camp June 15-20.
The goal is $7400, or $185 per camper. All funds raised are used for campers.
DHS coordinates camper eligibility, physicals and paper work. The Pilot Club of Claremore provides “ditty bags” with shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, washcloths, hair brushes and combs. Salvation Army — Claremore Unit charters buses to take the campers to Tahlequah and provides clothing, bedding, shoes and whatever else the children need for a comfortable and memorable camp experience.
All of the children are not on welfare. All do not come from families without a working parent. But all are children from families where there is no money for anything extra.
Please send your tax-deductible donation to Share the Spirit, c/o Claremore Daily Progress, P.O. Box 248, Claremore, OK 74018, or drop by the Progress business office at 315 W. Will Rogers Blvd. Names of donors will be listed unless anonymity is requested. Recent donors include Eva Harriet Stewart and Mary K. Stewart.
TOTAL NEEDED: $7400
This Week's Circulars
Larry L. Beaman, 84, of Claremore, Oklahoma, went home to be with Jesus, his Savior on October 13, 2021. Larry was born July 12, 1937 in Morrisonville, IL to Samuel T and Nadine Mae Beaman(Barker). He attended Grand Rapids School of Bible and Music (GRSBM). He was married to his wife, Marily…
- 5 THINGS TO KNOW: Flags will be flying at half mast in honor of General Colin Powell
- Claremore Engineering department rehabilitates Claremore Lake Dam
- CPS grown in last year: Frazier presents education status at Claremore Chamber event
- Rotary club hosts blood drive
- Regulation of medical marijuana frustrating growers, lawmakers in Oklahoma
- Inola fishers head to state
- Sheriff’s Office construction to prevent leakage
- VOLLEYBALL: Claremore falls to Piedmont in 5A quarterfinals
- BIRD SETTLES IN CLAREMORE: City approves agreement with scooter company
- OSU receives $2.6 million grant: The funds will be used to study regenerative agriculture
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.