Emergency crews worked the scene of another fatality crash Wednesday on State Hwy 20 along Keetonville Hill, along the lower section of the hill near the old Keetonville Grocery Store. Authorities report the motorcycle was traveling at a high rate of speed. The driver was wearing a helmet, however did not survive his injuries. Oklahoma Highway Patrol reports the motorcycle was traveling eastbound when it rounded the curve on State Hwy 20 and collided with a westbound pickup. The victim was identified as Edward R. Hauser II, 68, of Owasso. Limestone Fire District and Rogers County Emergency Management responded to the scene. The roadway was closed in both directions for approximately two hours. The accident happened at about 11:45 a.m., four miles west of Claremore. This is the second fatality accident in the last month to occur involving motorcyclist. James Moore of Claremore was killed in July after colliding with a truck near Ridge Road at the top of Keetonville Hill. The section of the highway is just one of several planned projects included in the Oklahoma Department of Transportation’s 8-year-plan. The state has committed approximately $39 million to fund the reconstruction of the roadway near the hill. It is part of the larger expansion of State Hwy. 20 east into Claremore. Construction is scheduled to begin in 2017 pending utility and right-of-way work.
- BASKETBALL: Keith sparks second-half surge in Verdigris win over Miami
- BASKETBALL: Lady Cardinals force 40 turnovers in season-opening win
- Best of Claremore 2020
- Following in family footsteps: Claremore’s Lowrey promoted to Brigadier general
- Rogers County earns workforce excellence achievement
- Health department COVID-19 testing times updated
- Library returns to 'no contact checkout'
- FOOTBALL: OSSAA releases playoff brackets
- BASKETBALL: Brackets set for Inola's annual Jerry Oquin Tournament
- St. Paul’s Episcopal announces clergy transition
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.