Interactive, international street artist Kelsey Montague is currently creating a mural for Spectrum Paint, 500 W. Will Rogers Blvd, in historic Claremore Main Street, Oklahoma.
Kelsey started her #WhatLiftsYou movement in Manhattan 6 years ago with large-scale murals of her iconic wings. Celebrities including Kendal Jenner, Vanessa Hudgins and Jessica Biel have posed with Kelsey’s work, while media outlets like The New York Times, Forbes and The Washington Post have featured her work. Last year Taylor Swift commissioned Kelsey to create a winged mural to help launch her ‘ME!’ single in Nashville. Early this year the NFL chose Kelsey, the only female artist chosen, to create pieces for the Super Bowl in Miami.
“We really wanted something that would inspire people, not only from Claremore, but from the surrounding areas and beyond to come and physically visit our Main Street which we are so proud to be a part of,” said Gentry Stafford, Vice President of Marketing at Spectrum and Claremore resident.
Spectrum Paint is the largest independently owned paint dealer in the United States with 80 paint stores in 8 states and over 450 employees.
As featured on
- CLOSED DUE TO COVID: Office closed after assessor tested postive
- BREAKING: Council approves settlement amount for city manager
- Council names acting city manager
- UPDATED: Claremore City Manager submits resignation, public statement
- Video: Claremore Public Schools to reopen August 20, with multiple enrollment options
- The Daylily Man: Returned Claremore native shares a lifetime of memories in thousands of blooms
- Know Your Neighbor: Ron Paris
- HS FOOTBALL: Chelsea enters Class A with veteran senior class
- Claremore Tourism boss elected to serve on OK Travel Industry Association executive board
- Liberty Shere named Northeast Tech Claremore Campus Director