PUBLISHED IN THE CLAREMORE DAILY PROGRESS, CLAREMORE, OKLAHOMA, APRIL 27, MAY 4 & 11, 2010.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
LOCOMOTIVE MAINTENANCE FACILITY RAIL AND SITE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT FOR THE CITY OF TULSA-ROGERS COUNTY PORT AUTHORITY CATOOSA, OKLAHOMA
PORT PROJECT No. 2500-123
Separate sealed bids for the Locomotive Maintenance Facility Rail and Site Improvement Project at the Tulsa Port of Catoosa for the City of Tulsa-Rogers County Port Authority will be received by the City of Tulsa-Rogers County Port Authority at 5350 Cimarron Road, Catoosa, Oklahoma, until 9:30 a.m., Tuesday, May 18, 2010, for furnishing tools, materials and labor, and performing the work necessary to be done in the construction of approximately 530 feet of industrial track. This Contract will include the furnishing and installation of sub-ballast and ballast materials, ties, rails, turnouts, and all appurtenances required for a complete installation. The Project also includes the furnishing and installation of wheelstops and the installation of minor drainage, grading, and site improvements.
All bids must include assurances that the following provisions will be complied with:
1. Federal Labor Standards Provisions, U.S. Department of Labor, 29 CFR 5;
2. Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1974, as amended; 12 U.S.C. 1701U, which requires that, to the greatest extent feasible, opportunities for training and employment be given lower-income residents of the project area and contracts for work in substantial part of persons residing in the area of the project;
3. Section 109 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1975, which assures that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, natural origin or sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination;
4. “Certification of Non-Segregated Facilities, which assures the bidder does not maintain or provide any segregated facilities;
5. Equal Opportunity Provisions – Executive Order 11246, as amended, which assures non-discrimination;
6. Minority Business Enterprise and Women Business Enterprise provisions which encourage minority-owned business and women-owned businesses to bid on the project;
7. Assurances that surety companies executing bonds appear; on the Treasury Department’s list and are authorized to transact business in the State where the Project is located.
The information for bidders, Bid, Contract, Plans, Specifications, Bond Forms and other Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations:
The City of Tulsa – Rogers County Port Authority, 5350 Cimarron Road, Catoosa, Oklahoma 74015
PSA-Dewberry Inc., 1350 S. Boulder, Suite 600, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
McGraw Hill Construction/Dodge, 12101 E. 51st, Ste. 105, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74146
Southwest Construction News, 7170 South Braden, Suite 180, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74136
Bid News Construction Reports, 5727 S. Garnett, Suite H, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74146
Copies may be obtained at the office of PSA-Dewberry, 1350 S. Boulder, Ste. 600 Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74119, upon payment of a non-refundable deposit of Thirty and 00/100 Dollars ($30.00) for each set.
There will be a non-mandatory Pre-Bid Conference at 9:30 a.m., Tuesday, May 11, 2010, in the Conference Room of the City of Tulsa- Rogers County Port Authority, 5350 Cimarron Road, Catoosa, Oklahoma.
The Owner reserves the right to waive any informalities or to reject any or all bids.
The sealed proposal of each bidder shall be accompanied by a Noncollusion Affidavit, business Relationship Affidavit, and a Certified or Cashier’s Check or Bidder’s Surety Bond in the sum of five percent (5%) of the amount of the bid will be required from each bidder to be retained as liquidated damages in the event the successful bidder fails, neglects, or refuses to enter into said contract for the construction of said public improvements for said project, and furnish the necessary bonds within ten (10) days from and after the date the award is made. Bids received more than ninety-six hours, excluding Saturdays, Sunday, and holidays, before the time set for opening of bids, as well as bids received after the time set for opening of bids, will not be considered and will be returned unopened.
No bidder may withdraw his bid within thirty (30) days after the actual date of the openings.
April 22, 2010
s/ Robert W. Portiss
Robert W. Portiss