The Claremore Daily Progress is one of Rogers County's oldest continuous businesses. Its history surpasses that of the City of Claremore, being founded in 1892.
It is the newspaper of record for Rogers County.
Providing local, state and national content the newspaper has been Claremore's newspaper since June 29, 1892.
The paper is published Tuesday through Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
We cover the communities of Claremore, Chelsea, Inola, Oologah, Tiawah, Talala, Verdigris, Foyil and rural Rogers County.
The newspaper maintains a 24-hour news website.
The paper strives to achieve several things as part of its mission:
• To produce quality products of unquestioned credibility and integrity.
• To promote a unique identity and culture for Claremore and Rogers County, differentiating this area from the remainder of the Tulsa metro.
• To advance the business community in this area, understanding that it is those businesses, and the profits and tax dollars they generate, which support fire, police, roads, public safety and everything from youth sports to the arts in the communities we cover.
• To treat everyone with a sense of respect and fairness.
• To be centrist in our political viewpoints, a friend to neither the right nor the left, but to strive to support what's best, no matter the political ideology.
• To retain our role as the last "mass medium" in our communities, leaving our forums with the widest sense of openness.