After finishing in the Top 50 on Wednesday, Bryce Blue and Dakota Page experienced a tumble down the standings at the High School Bass Fishing National Championship in Florence, Ala.
Blue and Page, members of Rogers County Bass Anglers, fell to 122nd of 387 teams after a tough second day of competition on the waters of Pickwick Lake on Thursday afternoon.
The friends from Sequoyah High caught three fish — two living — for a weigh-in of 5 pounds, 1 ounce. It was nearly a 4-pound drop from the opening day haul, which came in at 9 pounds even.
A dead fish results in an 8-ounce penalty.
In total, Blue and Page’s caught six fish weighing 14 pounds, 1 ounce heading into Day 3’s festivities. Friday’s results were released after press time.
Will Daniel and Kade Surratt overtook Lawrence County High School (Ala.) classmates JD Bedford and Walker Brown for the overall lead after catching three bass weighing 15 pounds, 12 ounces on Day 2, brining their total to 29 pounds, 15 ounces.
Jeremy Tolle and Garrett Hale of Kiefer High School lead Oklahoma teams, sitting in 23rd at 21 pounds, 1 ounce as of Thursday.
Here is how other teams from the Sooner State are fairing:
43. Austin Chandler and Ty Bishop, Ketchum, 19-01
77. Cameron and Hunter Meadows, Norman North, 16-00
84. Charley Williams and Joseph Case, Mannford, 15-11
100. Tate Baumert and Tanner Cousatte, Pryor, 15-03
103. Easton Hitt and Owen Williams, Grove, 15-01
109. Joshua Glen and Caden Sharp, Grove, 14-09
111. Jake Peck and Garrison Sneadon, Jenks, 14-08
113. Mack Taylor and Reese David, Sand Springs, 14-07
153. JT Moss and Caleb Hopkins, Mannford, 12-15
183. Sam Rhymer and Coleman Kennedy, Pryor, 11-14
207. Todd McKinley and Cole Kilpatrick, Mannford, 10-08
219. Jesse Woodward and Tyler Lake, Vinita, 9-15
280. Raycen Meyer and Jacob Armstrong, Stilwell, 6-05
326. Colton White and Joshua Smith, Westmoore, 4-02
336. Seth Daniel and Sam Kennedy, Tushka, 3-08
343. Chay Larosa and Rhett Frasher, Heavener, 3-00